Friday, January 14, 2011

Sources

I'm so excited to share that I've donated three large red canna floral close-ups -- metallic framed prints, to the American Red Cross Heart Gala coming up on February 5 in the Baltimore Harbor.  What an honor!

"Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity."  from the Basic Principles, The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron.

Do I deserve to move toward my dreams? I still ask myself after reading that. Are dreams the same as goals? If so, I'm late on making mine for this year, some kind of bad luck for not doing that before the end of the month of January? I have one from last year, starting in October, a table in Word with columns for Painting, Photography, Writing and Music -- what to do I want to do to challenge myself in each medium? mmmm, still not sure -- a great exercise tho -- and what about Health, Friends, Family, and pure old Fun? and as I tick things off the list, we hope, am I making my dreams come true? ... better get right on that -- a spiritual exercise --

Yoga is like really slow body-sculpting. Heh. That's what it feels like.  I decided at the turn of the year, that, at 46 now, I'm at a key point in my life where I can regain some of what I've lost, but only if I start now. Jason would beg to say that I'm fine as I am, which I am -- but you know I want to be STRONG again.  That will take time and practice, determination and willpower. A goal for health ...

In scanning the chakras each day when I'm meditating, with or without the crystals, each of them has its own voice that calls out, with strengths, with problems, sadness, loss, sensitivity after traumas, weakness -- I've noticed that my solar plexus seems to be the most sensitive, the chakra with the meditation "I do," versus others like "I am" or "I speak" -- also fraught with self-doubt and that familiar bruised feeling.  I just have to vet all this stuff, but I do so much, even with resting half-days, that I wonder why "I do" is hurting so badly.

Which swings me around to the goal sheet exercise again -- see the pattern, no matter what I do? Maybe the "I do" chakra, needs to feel deeply connected to my daily I do's -- toward goals, toward dreams -- could it be that easy? Prolly not, but worth a determined effort this year for sure --

No comments:

Post a Comment